Tuesday, February 06, 2007

DC confirms Showcases for June to August

In a press release from February 2nd, DC Comics confirmed its collected editions publication schedule for June to August 2007. Showcase Presents fans will be glad to know that DC is still strongly pushing the line with two volumes each month. Without further ado, here's what you can expect to see on the shelves this summer :

Scheduled for June 2007
SHOWCASE PRESENTS: BATMAN VOL. 2 TP
Writers: Gardner Fox, Robert Kanigher, John Broome and Bill Finger
Artists: Sheldon Moldoff, Carmine Infantino, Chic Stone, Joe Giella, Murphy Anderson, Sid Greene and others
Collects BATMAN #175-188 and DETECTIVE COMICS #343-358
$16.99 US, 512 pages

I still have to get the first volume of this series but I'm sure fans of the 60's Batman TV show (just like me) will find lots of great stories in this.

SHOWCASE PRESENTS: THE ATOM VOL. 1 TP
Writer: Gardner Fox
Artists: Gil Kane, Murphy Anderson and Sid Greene
Collects SHOWCASE #34-36 and THE ATOM #1-17
$16.99 US, 528 pages

As I'm rather new to the DC universe, I still have a lot to learn on its "second string" characters. I can't say The Atom is one of my favorite but I may give this book a glance to see if it's my kind of stuff.

Scheduled for July 2007
SHOWCASE PRESENTS: BATGIRL VOL. 1 TP
Writers: Gardner Fox, Cary Bates, Bob Haney, Mike Friedrich, Robert Kanigher, Frank Robbins, Dennis O ' Neil and Elliot S. Maggin
Artists: Carmine Infantino, Curt Swan, Frank Springer, Gil Kane, Bob Brown, Win Mortimer, Irv Novick, Don Heck, Mike Sekowsky, Neal Adams and others
Collects stories from DETECTIVE COMICS #359, 363, 369, 371, 384, 385, 388, 389, 392, 393, 396, 397, 400, 401, 404, 405-424, BATMAN #197, ADVENTURE COMICS #381, WORLD ' S FINEST COMICS #169 and 176, THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #78, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #60 and SUPERMAN #268 and 279
$16.99 US, 520 pages

Now THAT's what I'm talking about ! I absolutely LOVE goofy 60's stories and it probably can't get any better than this. To put some icing on the cake, the artists lineup is pretty good with the likes of Swan, Infantino and Adams. A definite must-buy as far as I'm concerned.

SHOWCASE PRESENTS: MARTIAN MANHUNTER VOL. 1 TP
Writers: Jack Miller, Joe Samachson and Dave Wood
Artists: Joe Certa
Collects stories from DETECTIVE COMICS #225-305
$16.99 US, 522 pages

Not my cup of tea but I know there's a more than a couple of guys that requested this on the Marvel Masterworks Message Board (as of this writing, 35 to be exact). Good news for them !

Scheduled for August 2007
SHOWCASE PRESENTS: ADAM STRANGE VOL. 1 TP
Writer: Gardner Fox
Artists: Mike Sekowsky, Carmine Infantino, Gil Kane, Murphy Anderson and others
Collects stories from SHOWCASE #17-19 and MYSTERY IN SPACE #53-84
$16.99 US, 512 pages

Same as for The Atom, tough I prefer Adam Strange as a character.

SHOWCASE PRESENTS: WONDER WOMAN VOL. 1 TP
Writer: Robert Kanigher
Artists: Ross Andru and Mike Esposito
Collects stories from WONDER WOMAN #98-117
$16.99 US, 528 pages

The only surprise here is how long it took before Wonder Woman got it's own Showcase. Since she's the only DC main character I know almost nothing about, I'll give it a glance. If it's in the same vein as Superman's silver age goodness, count me in !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home