Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Showcase Presents for September 2007

Back when the Showcase Presents line started, people were speculating on whether DC Comics were going to stick to collecting pre-1976 comics to avoid paying royalty fees to the creators of the original material. I didn't know much about the whole thing, but all this talk had me and many other fans worried. Well guys, worry no more...


SHOWCASE PRESENTS: BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS VOL. 1
Written by Mike W. Barr and Marv Wolfman

Art by Jim Aparo, George PĂ©rez, Bill Willingham and others
Cover by Aparo

In this hard-hitting, value-packed volume, witness Batman's formation of the original Outsiders! Metamorpho, Black Lightning, Katana, Halo and Geo-Force star in these stories from BATMAN & THE OUTSIDERS #1-19, BRAVE & BOLD #200 and NEW TEEN TITANS #16!

on sale September 12 o 552 pg, $16.99 US


I'm so getting this. I love Batman, I love 80's comics and all the talk about *spoiler* Batman leading the Outsiders once again *spoiler* has me very interested about that era's Outsiders.


SHOWCASE PRESENTS: CAPTAIN CARROT VOL. 1
Written by Roy Thomas, E. Nelson Bridwell and others

Art by Mike Sekowsky, Scott Shaw, Alfredo Alcala and others
Cover by Shaw, Bob Smith & Ross Andru

Experience the adventures of Captain Carrot and his Zoo-Crew battle Frogzilla, the Armordillo, the alien Bunny from Beyond and many more in this volume collecting NEW TEEN TITANS #16 and CAPTAIN CARROT AND THE ZOO CREW #1-20!

on sale September 26 o 520 pg, $16.99 US


If any of you knows if this is any good, feel free to comment because I had never heard of this series before reading this solicitation.
source: dccomics.com


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Hassan Alamdari said...

I love Captain Carrot. It is a fun book. I will be picking up a copy. Now if they will only reprint Thriller. That was a GREAT Book.

11:44 AM  
Blogger David Blais said...

Thanks for the comment Hassan! My main worry with Captain Carrot was that it was aimed at kids. I guess I was wrong.

As for Thriller, I had never heard of it either, but after a quick search on comicbookdb and wikipedia, I gotta say it looks intriguing and VERY interesting.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home